(NOTE: The official PDF which includes the form can be viewed and/or downloaded here)
We are living in a world much different from the worlds of our mothers and grandmothers. Today’s women face challenges balancing a life of family, work, communities and friends.
YOU already know that NCJWC is an organization committed to making positive impacts on
all those we serve because YOU are a Council woman. YOU realize the value of “giving
back” to your community and “making a difference”. YOU are the backbone of NCJWC.
Your loyalty to and generous support of your Council Section is invaluable.Your voluntary contributions have a direct impact on your home ommunities.
NCJWC, the umbrella organization of all members across Canada, also depends on your
financial assistance. Your support benefits our nation-wide advocacy programs against antisemitism and racism. At the local level, NCJWC’s raison d’etre is reflected in such programs as HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters), Campaign 2000 (working to end child and family poverty) and Project LISA (Legal Information Service Access), to name a few.
This past year NCJWC has worked with Sections to adapt to the needs of today’s women.
- NCJWC’s Officers of the Board have been available to offer advice and assistance
when called upon by the Sections.
- NCJWC contributed funds to Vancouver Section to enable them to hire an interim
executive director to assist with strategic planning.
- NCJWC has developed a human trafficking educational program that Sections can
access to share with their communities.
- NCJWC has helped establish our newest Section, Simcoe County in Ontario with a start-up grant. NCJWC has been working closely with this community to educate them about our organization. Simcoe County has already welcomed more than 35 enthusiastic members and continues to grow.
On a National level,
- NCJWC is reaching out to other agencies to bring our message to Jewish women in smaller communities across Canada.
- NCJWC has responded to the myriad of atrocities that have occurred worldwide. On
your behalf, we have offered our sympathy and support.
- NCJWC, in May 2019, organized a webinar on combating antisemitism that was available to all members of NCJWC to access. CIJA (The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs) presented a true picture of antisemitism in Canada and how we, as individuals, can respond.
- NCJWC continues to be the only Canadian affiliate of the International Council of Jewish Women (ICJW). In May, NCJWC hosted the ICJW Executive meeting in Toronto. Global issues and concerns were discussed such as women’s issues, antisemitism, poverty, human trafficking, and environmental world issues. We were informed about our work as
an NGO from our United Nations representatives in New York, Geneva, Paris and Vienna. ICJW is also represented at the World Jewish Congress.
- NCJWC’s impact beyond our Canadian borders continues to grow. Debby Altow, a VP
of NCJWC, serves as a VP for ICJW. Debby, together with other NCJWC
representatives on the ICJW executive, are strong voices on the international stage, reflecting Canadian values.
- NCJWC, with your generosity, enables ALUMA/IFCA, our Israeli project, to continue its excellent and much needed work for individuals in crisis – at their counselling centre. NCJWC is the ONLY contributor outside Israel, offering support to this outstanding agency.
Your financial support is greatly appreciated. Please give generously.
Vital Connections is the only NCJWC fundraising campaign of the year. Your financial contribution will allow us to continue our work in our communities…locally, nationally and internationally…which began over 120 years ago. Help us to continue to undertake new challenges, continue our successes, and remain relevant, strong and resilient in the future.
Help NCJWC continue into the future by undertaking new challenges and continuing to work on our successes.
Have you considered… ?
- Becoming a monthly donor
- Sending NCJWC cards in honour or in memory
- Leaving a legacy to NCJWC. Planned giving opportunities such as:
Life insurance policies
Call 1-866-625-9274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information